Sunday, June 12, 2005

No gnus is good gnus...

Hey y'all.

Thanks for noticing I was gone. It was, what, a bit over a week? I had no idea I'd be missed. I very much appreciate you checking in.

I'm good. It's been hectic. I started training for a new job last Monday, and I have three more weeks of it. Then another five months, and I can find a position in which I'm really interested. But that's enough of that.

Let me try to recap what happened in my absence:

Jefferson is maintaining a social calendar that makes me tired just reading about it. Seriously, when I was single, and dating a lot, I was exhausted. I've really got to revisit the whole "not having a nine to five" lifestyle again - but it will be awhile. Carry the torch proudly, amigo.

Jenna is suffering from the opposite of "when it rains it pours" syndrome. Been there, kid. Keep fighting. It'll get better, I promise.

Jezebelle is about to do a disappearing act, if I remember correctly. Been a while since I heard from her, and I already miss her. Safe travels, doll.

Jo has vanished. If you're out there, darlin', I hope you're well.

Maddie and Marcus made it in Kentucky, and managed to include the kids on their trip. Reading about it made me miss the me who used to be able to just take off like that. And Maddie. But then, I missed her before I heard about the trip.

Meg had her first mmf threesome. Yea! Go Meg! Geography is still, if not "the," then certainly "a" devil. Can't say that didn't turn me just the slightest shade of green myself.

Then again, she did get to see some "hot boy on boy action" and really, what use would I have been in that situation anyway? We straight guys are apparently not only "dull as dishwater," but we also are rumoured to be dumb and smelly. I wonder, do versatile bisexual guys feel the same way about the boring old tops and bottoms who don't switch? I'd guess probably so.

So, I'm back. And I've got a few days before company starts arriving in waves that will last until almost the end of the month. I can't say I'm dreading having people in from out of town, because dread is too strong a word, but only just.

And I stopped just short of promising my favorite Phillies fan that I'd have something good for her to read soon, and I'm going to have to make soon last a bit longer than I ordinarily would. I'm just about wiped out. I'm looking forward to taking the hounds for a reasonably long walk, taking a shower, and settling in to try to catch up on Deadwood.

Tomorrow, though, I'll post the tale of Carmen. I met her my Junior year in college. If she was born with a silver spoon, then I was born with a paper plate. I crushed on her hard, though, and we became friends, and then acquaintances through our marriages, and divorces.

We stayed in touch through a mutual friend. Until the summer before last...

7 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger Madeline Glass said...

Welcome Back, Baby.

Carmen.

Yum.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Viviane said...

Welcome back. A week, that felt like a month. Hm, I was just at an open source conference.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Meg said...

your favorite phillies fan has good reason to smile these days - my boys are on quite an impressive streak.

i'm sure we could have thought of plenty of uses for you in such a situation...don't you worry about that.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Meg said...

and the title of your post reminds me of something...

just last week, while doing a big carnival of the animals unit with my second graders, they were picking animals to create music for...to make their own carnival of the animals a la camille saint-saens. one of my students raised his hand and said,

"G - N - U!"

he didn't even say the word - he spelled out.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Jefferson said...

If this is as dull as you can manage, I'll drink a tub of whatever dishwater you are ladling.

Congrats on the news. And welcome back!

Oh, and our Jo is alive and well and lurking about. Her blog, tho, is in recess.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Colton said...

Thanks you guys.

I missed you!

And although my recess will be all to brief, I'm so glad you got in touch.

Tell Jo I said "Hey!" I hope she starts writing again, too!

Colton

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi colton :)

Give me a month or so to get settled into my new apartment ... things are sorta hectic .. I will begin writing again soon...

Lots to update on -- Sneak preview : i'm regularly dating my morning glory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home