Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Anticipation...

...is the devil

Much earlier, I wrote about Linda.

I was introduced to her, in her element. A week long music industry festival deep in the heart of Texas.

We had a barely contained electricity. She's smart. And even if she weren't, would still be sexy.

We got drunk. And kept flirting.

I was involved.

So nothing happened.

A year or so later, we were at a mutual friend's birthday party. We took a walk. And agreed not to kiss.

Then we did.

I liked it.

I'm headed back to Texas today.

She's moving to North Carolina soon.

Odds are pretty long that I won't see her again, at best, for a very long time.

I know I'll see her this weekend.

Will Colton "take a walk?"

Jefferson is, again, preturnaturally correct. Colton has been wanting to go walkabout.

I want to let him.

I'd also like to know what that will cost.

And I don't think I'll know that until afterwards.

I honestly don't know what will happen.

But I'm looking forward to finding out.

6 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Jefferson said...

Colton, away from the strictures of home, with a former flame, and with his new sense of self as pseudonymous "Colton."

I share your sense of antici . . .

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Viviane said...

Hmmm...is it getting humid in here?

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Madeline Glass said...

.....pation.

so call me! tell me!

love you,

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Meg said...

i thought geography was the devil...

i will be thinking of you and waiting to hear how this all turns out.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Jezebelle said...

Texas, eh? Interesting....Are you speaking about Colton...or the little Colton? I mean...littler Colton, um, yeah, you know what I mean ;)

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you're saying you may get lucky in texas....if this is the case. go for it, you may not see her again ever? or for a while...either way....it could be fun and well, you're already doing the dirty somewhere else, so? trust me, lack of sex is NOT a good thing.....!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home