Monday, May 30, 2005

Testing... testing..., 1. 2. 3?

Passed my second test the night of the wedding.

The maid of honor is someone I spent some time with prior to becoming exclusive with Jennifer.

Spent some time isn't really all that clever of a euphamism.

In the parlance of the East, we fucked.

It was fun, but nothing particularly noteworthy.

Sandra hoped I would be at the wedding.

I had already promised that I would, so hope wasn't all that necessary.

She was in town a couple days early, but all that time was filled.

She's not leaving until tomorrow, but I think I'm pretty much in the clear.

The night of the wedding we caught up on new developments.

I'm finished with school for a bit. She starts a Ph.D. program in the South.

She knew that things had gotten more serious with Jennifer, and asked about all of that.

Didn't feel like she was trying to find out if we'd be having sex later.

But then she did insist that I head out on the town with the wedding party after the reception wound down.

And then she started ditching the rest of the wedding party.

And then the girl who was driving us around.

So, it's 1:00 a.m., and just us.

In a bar, listening to a guy with a guitar, and a great Tom Waits voice and attitude.

We walked into the place during "fuckin' and fightin'."

A couple drinks later, the place closes.

"What now?"

"We can head to MaxiMes, I'm sure he's got cocktails, Sandra. Oh, and if he's fucking someone in the living room, we can ask if we can help, but if the girl says no, we'll have to head for a bedroom and chill."

What can I say? There's a reason I call him MaxiMe. Besides that he's taller, and although he's 8 years younger, already wiser than I am now.

The other advantage is, we can walk there, and from there, if we have to, I can walk you the 8 or 10 blocks back to where Sandra is staying. Which she nows.

No fucking in the living room.

MaxiMe goes back to bed, we drink his booze and chat some more.

It's 3:00 a.m.

I say, "You're welcome to stay here. I'm pretty sure if unless I say it's o.k., you're not going to have your way with me."

"If I can't have my way with you, then I'm going."

"I'll dig around and find MaxiMe's keys."

And that's what happened.

I'm feelin' pretty good about myself right about now.

But in the name of Sweet Dick Willie, I WOULD like some fuckin'!

8 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely don't know the whole story here. Sounds like you coulda bird-dogged this one...

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Jezebelle said...

You made the right choice...and if I'm not having sex ain't nobody having sex either..he he...

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Your self control amazes me Colton. It really does.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Meg said...

colton, please come back and post some more hot words for your favorite readers.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Jefferson said...

Colton, you don't do this.

We care about you.

We followed you to the build up to that time in Texas. We read how it went down.

You don't stop now.

Don't make me bitch slap you, girlfriend.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Meg said...

oooh, colton - make him bitch slap you.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Colton said...

I think I'm more inclined to be the slapp"er" than the slapp"ee."

So not only am I not bi, I'm apparently also not versatile.

Consequently, I'm sure to be spending some very lonely nights.

Dang.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Meg said...

colton, you know that for you, exceptions will be more than made.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home