Friday, April 29, 2005

Will someONE, please write someTHING!

I've only recently moved from lurking to actually blogging. And yesterday, I added a counter, just to see if anyone other than me, Maddie, Jefferson, Marcus, and the mysterious "Anonymous" have been reading. And either the five of us are every bit as compulsive as I'm becoming, or there are others dropping by.

Which I find surprising. And flattering. And a little daunting.

I know, for me, now that I'm hooked on this whole blog world that 3 weeks ago, I didn't even know existed - I check, frequently - no, I check rabidly. I'm not yet foaming at the mouth, but I feel a bit crazy, because rarely does an hour of the day go by when I'm at home that I'm not checking to see if someone I follow, now including Jo and S, has posted anything new. And when no one does, I'm crushed. Well, crushed is probably too hot. But I feel the same way I do when the DJ follows something like Digital Underground's "Freaks of the Industry" with something like Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline." Also a great song, but not what I want when I'm busy shakin' my ass. That's a digression I'll come back to, though.

My initial point was, I hate it when there is nothing new for me to read. And I hate it so much when it happens to me, that I'll make my best effort to ensure it doesn't happen to YOU. So, I reckon I'll jump back on the train of thought that just about carried me away a minute ago, and pick up with my funky self and a sweaty groove...

Usually, when I'm shakin' my ass, I only want three things, either by themselves, or in some combination:

More ass shakin';
More booze; and/or
Paint peelin', bed breakin', neighbor wakin', ass slappin', necessary to be re-hydratin' sex with the young lady I've just been dancin' with - preferably in the nearest broom closet.

And "Sweet Caroline" kinda kills that mood. For me, at least.

I was gonna write about some sex that I'd had, but the story I meant to tell will take longer than I have right now. We've got company spending the night, and I still need to race to the liquor store to grab more booze, and get a few other things at the grocery story AND pick up some lottery tickets (which I refuse to believe make me mathematically taxed) before guests arrive.

So instead, I'll just ask anyone dropping by to comment on what kind of music you think transitions well from a sweaty dance floor to a night, or hell, a few satisfying minutes of delicious, spontaneous, potentially anymous FUCKING?

If you're kind enough to answer, please be specific with a song title. While I think most James Brown will do the trick, I think "Sex Machine" is about the best of his work. Much like it's hard to go wrong with Marvin Gaye, or Al Green in general.

Three that I like right now are: "The Way You Move" - OutKast;
"Ass Knockin'" - Bob Schneider; and,
"Rollin' with my Homies" by Coolio.

Anyone?

11 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Jefferson said...

I think everyone is busy having sex this weekend!

We'll get back to soon, rest assured.

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are you having sex with this weekend Jefferson?

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. Another blog to put into the RSS reader.

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, come to think of it, neither did I.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Jefferson said...

Viv and Jo, you have my phone number.

Anonymous, don't jump the gun. You know I'll tell.

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anything by metric.... "succexy", "hustle rose", "dead disco".

franz ferdinand "take me out"

maxwell "get to know ya"

oooh, it's so bad to surf random blogs when i'm at work, and then get distracted by thoughts of sexxxy tunage when i've been out of town and away from my boyfriend for over a week... damn you!!

:P

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Meg said...

i didn't have sex this past weekend. boo!

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just like the girl with the big booty in "The Way You Move" video. That's what's got you so horny.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Madeline Glass said...

Um, yeah. Sex this weekend.

Li'l Bit.

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came here good site.

I own an adult dating finder friend personals site check it out if you fancy dating

adult dating finder friend personals

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i get more info?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home